We are looking for an Accounts Receivable Assistant to support our accounting department as it receives, processes, and collects on services rendered. In this role, you will be required to review account information, correct discrepancies, and ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected.
To succeed as an Accounts Receivable Assistant, you should be a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record-keeping skills. You should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Accounts Receivable Assistant Job Duties:
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested
- Research and resolve account discrepancies
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts receivable process identifying areas of performance improvement
- Work collaboratively with accounts payable and other accounting staff to ensure accuracy in finances
- Support other accounting and finance team members
Accounts Receivable Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as accounting software programs.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets
- Understanding basic principles of finance, accounting, and bookkeeping
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Accounts receivable and general accounting experience preferred
$20 an hour, Full Time, In the Sacramento Office, 8:30am to 5pm Monday – Friday